Best bed for paraplegic Patient
If you are looking for best bed for paraplegic patient, than you have landed at the right place. If you are looking after a paraplegic person or any sort of patient suffering from paralysis or disability at home, than no doubt this is a daunting task and it needs a lot of courage. However having necessary equipment specially a good nursing can lessen your burden a bit.
My father in law who was almost 85 years old got paralyzed after a stroke and me and my wife looked after him for almost 8 years. During this period we learnt a couple of things which we would like to share in our up coming posts.But in this current post i will post on the best bed for such a patient. I have gone through thousands of reviews before posting these patient beds on my website.
What to look for in a Paraplegic Bed
No doubt selection of bed is of extreme importance as the patient has to spend most of his or her time on the bed and the care taker has to change his positions and make him sit or lift or lower his legs or head multiple time to increase his blood flow or to give him some drinks or some thing to eat.In this post I will be reviewing a bed which we purchased from Amazon and found it very helpful during the 8 years of our patient care at home. If some one else’s life becomes a bit easier because of our advice we will be glad and we will surely cherish this feeling. We purchased this bed after consulting other similar patients we met at the hospital and also we spent almost 5 days reading reviews of other people who purchased this bed. Prior to that i have published another post regarding selecting best pillow from Amazon for your patient.
- What to look for in a Paraplegic Bed
- Our Top Pics
- 1. Drive Medical Med Aire Low Air Loss Mattress Replacement System with Alternating Pressure
- 2. Paraplegic bed with separate wheel chair
- 3. Invacare Full Electric Quadriplegic Bed
- 4. Bariatric Hospital Bed by Drive Medical
- Amazon Choice Nursing Care Beds
Our Top Pics
1. Drive Medical Med Aire Low Air Loss Mattress Replacement System with Alternating Pressure
After carefully analyzing price structures and most appropriate features for a paraplegic patient, we have chosen Drive Medical bed as the best option for nursing a paraplegic patient at home or at hospital. As we all know that a paraplegic patient is highly endangered or in risk of skin damage or rupture due to continuous stay at bed. This maceration of skin can also be caused by the urine or other patient fluids. To avoid this situation this bed I have chosen has brilliant features of alternating pressure and equal distribution of pressure across all parts of the bed.
Some salient features of the bed are as following
- An elegant purple nylon cover which is highly elastic, durable, water and stain resistant.
- Another feature which is liked a lot by our review team is the low cost and the feature of alternating pressure. This alternating pressure not only stimulates the blood flow of the patient but plays a vital role in decreasing the chances that the patient can develop bed sores.
- The mattress has 20 air bladders, nine with laser holes to achieve the low air loss function and to increase patients comfort by keeping the affected area cool and dry ensuring a speedy recovery.
- The mattress ensures air flow and maintains its temperature. Important reason of this behavior is that the mattress cover is totally vapor permeable. This means that the patient will have very less sweating and skin rashes as well.
2. Paraplegic bed with separate wheel chair
This is the second paraplegic bed which comes with a detachable wheel chair. The drawback of this patient bed is that it is fairly expensive. Other than that according to feature comparison it is quiet suitable for a bed ridden patient.
3. Invacare Full Electric Quadriplegic Bed
If you are looking after an aged quadriplegic or paraplegic loved one at home than Invacare bed is another great option.
4. Bariatric Hospital Bed by Drive Medical
If you are looking for a hospital bed for a heavy person than this bed is an ideal choice for you as it can carry weight up-to 600 pounds very easily. It comes with features of full and half rail. Top of the bed frame is made up of metal slats. The only drawback is that it is little hard to assemble but Amazon may give you assistance in this as well.It is a full electric bed and the foot, head, and entire bed raises and lowers.
Amazon Choice Nursing Care Beds
In this section I will present those hospital beds that have got most positive reviews at Amazon.
[amazon bestseller=”hospital bed” items=”5″]
To conclude i will just say that i wrote the above few lines only to ease your efforts you are making to look after an old or paralyzed person. I also went through all this and i came to know that a good paraplegic bed will be a huge life savor. Happy shopping.