Choosing a suitable hairdryer is not easy. There are so many brands and models on the market that it can be hard to know which one is best for you.
We all want healthy, shiny hair, but we do not always have time to let our hair air dry or spend tons of money at a salon.
If you are looking for the perfect blowout but do not want to pay salon prices, then this guide will help you find your next best friend in beauty tools.
This article compares two popular professional-grade hair dryers from Remington vs. Conair based on price, design features and performance ratings.
You will learn what makes these two products stand out from their competitors as well as how they compare against each other.
At a Glance:
Let’s get started.
What Is Remington/ What Is Conair?
Remington is a company that produces hairdryers, straighteners, and other household appliances.
The Remington hair dryers are well-known for their high-quality products with built-in temperature controls to prevent damage or injury from overheating during use.
They also come equipped with safety features like overheat protection chips inside the unit.
Which will shut down operation if something goes wrong so you can not accidentally cause an electrical fire by leaving it turned on when not using them.
Conair is a brand that specializes in hair styling tools and appliances.
They have been around for many years, but they are still going strong because of their commitment to quality construction and customer service excellence.
Powered by skilled experts with decades’ worth of expertise from all over the world.
Conair’s product line includes everything needed when it comes time to take care of your locks, whether you are looking into straightening irons or curling wands.
There is an option waiting just off this shelf!
Remington Vs. Conair Hair Dryer Pros And Cons
- Remington hair dryers are made with the latest technology, so they are more efficient.
- They have a long cord, which is perfect for people who use their hairdryer in multiple house rooms.
- The ergonomic design ensures that it’s comfortable to hold and easy to grip
- It has 3 heat settings – low, medium, high, so you can choose what is best for your specific needs.
- You will save money on electricity because it uses much less energy than other brands of hair dryers.
- It also has a cool setting so that you can set your style without getting too hot.
- It is too heavy.
- It takes up too much space on the countertop.
- The styling attachments do not work well with my hair type and texture.
- The switch is awkwardly placed on the back of the handle, so you have to move your hand away from where you’re styling your hair to turn it off or on.
Conair Hair Dryer Pros
- Conair hair dryers are affordable.
- They have a variety of different attachments for styling your hair.
- They offer powerful, high-quality heat to style your hair quickly and efficiently.
- The Conair brand is trusted by many people around the world.
- The Conair company offers a warranty on their products if something goes wrong with them during the first year of use.
- The Conair ionic ceramic technology helps reduce frizz and leaves your locks looking shiny and healthy.
- Conair makes it easier for you to style your hair by giving you more control over the heat settings on the device.
Conair Hair Dryer Cons
- The Conair hair dryer can be difficult to maneuver for people with arthritis or limited mobility.
- The Conair hair dryer does not have a cool setting, which can lead to overheating and damage the hair.
- Plastic components on the Conair hairdryer are prone to breaking, making it more expensive than other brands.
- Prolonged use of a Conair hair dryer can lead to breakage.
Brand reputation Remington vs Conair
Brand reputation is a considerably high decision making point for a buyer. A buyer will only buy Remington hair dryer if he thinks it is a good brand.
Undoubtedly Remington is a most established brand which started back in 1937 while the Conair brand started in 1959 in United States. Because of its old history Remington brand has a more wide customer base. Most of American citizens consider it a reliable and good brand.
Almost all the hair dryers of Remington come with 5 years warranty however Conair hair dryers have usually 1 or 2 years warranty. This clearly indicates that Remington is superior in quality than Conair.
In terms of folding handle feature Conair totally beats Remington as none of the Remington hair dryer comes with a folding handle. However many models of Conair hair dryer come with folding handle. Some popular Conair models having folding handles are INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR® COMPACT DRYER 270N and Conair Travel Smart®.
Starting the Remington or Conair Hair dryer
Either if you want to turn ON Remington hair dryer or Conair, The process is very simple and includes following simple steps.
- Adjust the speed setting as per your requirement.
- Adjust the heat setting as per required.
- Attach the concentrator or diffuser attachment if required.
- Now attach the power cord and if the hair dryer don’t start press the reset button on the hair dryer.
Hair styling attachments
Only few models of Remington hair dryer comes with hair styling attachments and these models are Pro Wet2Style™ Dryer which comes with hair detangler, blowout boost, diffuser, and slipstream. However Remington offers a universal spin curl hair dryer attachment which you can attach to any Remington hair dryer.
Many models of Conair offer hair styling attachments. For example CONAIR® 3-IN-1 IONIC DRYER SD6N which comes with thermal bristle brush attachment for volume and waves styles.
It also comes with free Styling comb attachment for straight styling.
A de-tangling comb attachment also comes free with most of Conair hair dryers.
Another popular item, InfinitiPRO by Conair® SD11GN, comes with 3 hair styling attachments for a wide variety of looks.The bristle brush is designed for easy styling, the dual-row comb provides maximum control for straight styles, and the wide-tooth thermal comb ensures superior heat transfer for sleek, smooth styles.
If you want to create curves or curls in your hair, Remington offers a curl attachment which you can attach with most of the hair dryers. This attachment can be attached with both types of hair dryers which have big or small nozzle.
Conair however don’t offer a spin curl attachment and for that purpose they offer a specific hair dryer called Curl Secret.
When you want a hair dryer which is quite and light weight you should go for a hair drier with DC motor.
Heat and Speed settings
Most of Remington hair dryers have 3 heat and 2 speed settings. This means that you can make hair as much hotter as possible to save your time while drying hair. Mostly Conair hair dryers also have 3 heat and 2 speed setting. However there are few models that have two heat and two speed settings. Some popular Conair models that have only two heat and speed settings are PRO STYLE COLLAPSIBLE BONNET HAIR DRYER, 3-IN-1 IONIC DRYER SD6N and INFINITIPRO FOLDING HANDLE COMPACT DRYER 270N.
Like Remington, most of the Conair hair dryers also operate at 1875 watt. May few models of Conair also operate at 1600 watt. Some of the most popular 1600 watt Conair models are Conair wall mount Dryer 134NR and Conair folding handle dryer 124N. Interestingly the wall mounted model also has a night light so it servers a dual purpose. This feature makes it sell like a hot cake.
Tourmaline Ceramic Coating
Tourmalines are a type of gemstone that the color green is associated with it.
This particular tourmaline can be found in ceramic coatings for Remington hair dryers because they produce anaerobic molecules when heated, which make your locks smoother and soft to touch.
The tourmaline ceramic coating on the Conair hair dryer not only protects it from overheating but also helps to deliver heat more quickly.
This means that you can use less electricity and get the salon-quality style in just 10 minutes.
The comb attachment on the Conair hairdryer works like magic to evenly distribute hair dry and concentrates heat.
The teeth in this tool are designed to give even distribution of airflow throughout your locks, giving you smooth blow-dried results with less frizz.
It is essential to dry your hair thoroughly and efficiently so that the style lasts as long as possible.
The comb attachments of Remington hairdryers make it easy for anyone who wants frizzy flyaways or sleek straight looks without too much work.
While also ensuring even distribution across large surface areas, which can lead to breakage if not done; correctly.
In the world of appliances, size matters. In this case, its name.
The Remington Hair Dryer has a whopping 1450 watts and can dry your locks in short order with its seven different heat settings from 180 degrees Fahrenheit down to 140 degrees.
Or so for those stubborn tangles you cannot get out no matter how hard tried pushing through them would be easier if we were all small enough hairdryers though right.
The Conair dryer has a unique design with an extra-wide drying plate to do large surfaces at once.
Best selling variants comparison
Now in this section we will try to compare the top most selling hair dryers of both brands.
Remington AC2015 Pro Hair DryerStaff Pick
- Pearl Ceramic Technology
- 3 Heat, 2 Speed Settings
- Cool Shot
- Price near $ 22
- Dimensions 4.5 x 10.38 x 11 inches
- 1875 Watts Max Power
- AC Motor
- 1 pound (Lighter than Conair)
- Free Concentrator & Diffuser
- 4 years warranty
- No dual voltage
- No folding handle
INFINITIPRO BY CONAIRBest Pick
- Ionic + Ceramic technology
- 3 Heat, 2 Speed Settings
- Cold shot button
- Price near $ 25
- 3.5 x 10 x 8.5 inches (more compact)
- 1875 watts
- AC Motor
- 2.2 Pounds
- Free Concentrator and Diffuser
- 4 years warranty
- Removable filter
- No dual voltage
- No folding handle
The comparison of the Remington vs. Conair hair dryer has been quite interesting to compile.
There are many different reasons that you might want to consider purchasing one over the other, but we can say with certainty that both products have their benefits and drawbacks.
Let us know if you have had any experience with either product or would like more information about them before making your decision.